I love babies. My baby sister, Noa, is the only person in my family who I can genuinely say I have always liked. When she first came home, my mom would nurse her to sleep, and then I'd take her and lie on my chest and we'd both sleep on the couch. It always amazed me how such a thing, a human, could come from a mother's stomach. Learning about the different phases, from the embryonic to the fetal, really made me appreciate the life that we have. But more than that, it only made me more wondered (doesn't exactly make sense but it's point I wanted to get across) by babies. To think what they go through to get here, it really is a natural miracle. So it was with anger that I learned about FAS and the other harmful things a mother could do to her child. I cannot imagine how someone would hurt their baby.
Despite my love for babies I can hardly say that I would want to have children, at least for now. I truly do enjoy playing with children and holding babies, but I believe that kids are more trouble than worth having. I would hate to have me as my child. Children just take, take, take from parents. As for my legacy, I hope to leave a foundation in my name that will help others heal and fund research.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.