Sunday, February 10, 2013

Insane reflexes

         Besides the few exceptions, babies are in my opinion stupid as I said in class and consequently, I got laughed at. If I take a cup of water and pour it into a different cup of water that is shorter but has a bigger diameter, they will think there is all of the sudden less water due to the concept of object conservation. Seriously?! If I pour the cup of water into a different cup of water right in front of their eyes, how do they not realize that it is the same amount?! Besides their stupidity, they do have some very interesting reflexes when they are newborns. The grasp reflex is when you put your finger in a newborn's hand, they will grasp it really tight. The tonic neck reflex is when they are turned to their side and they look like they are fencing. The step reflex is if you put the baby on the ground, they will take a step even though they cannot actually walk. The moro reflex is if you bang your fist right next to the baby, they will startle. Haha, I should try that some day. The rooting reflex is if you touch the baby's cheek, they will turn to you because they want food. The sucking reflex is if you put your finger in their mouth, they suck on it hard. The babinski reflex is if you touch their foot, they will curl their toes. The coolest reflex of all is that if you put the newborn baby in the water, they will start to swim. I seriously need to try that one! Despite their obvious stupidity, they do in fact have some very cool aspects as well.

1 comment:

  1. Babies are idiots. Plain and simple. They can't understand simple instructions and it's frustrating. Especially for somebody as impatient as I am. They need to get smarter before I have my own.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.