Monday, February 25, 2013

My Pops

My pops is a good dude. But this wasn't always so. I'm going to talk about his evolution from an authoritative parent to an authoritarian parent. When Ben and Amy were born, my dad was in the game. He was ready to raise kids and wasn't going to take any nonsense. He was very strict, very dismissive, and very boring. As the years went by, and boy was it many years, he grew tired of this parenting style. He lost the energy to enforce strict rules on a daily basis. He lost the energy to be authoritative. Lucky me! When I was born, he was an old feller. He was done with the whole game and wanted to just chill, ya feel? So when I grew up he turned into the ultimate authoritarian parent. He reasons with us when we have objections to his rules, but he knows when to exert his executive powers. He is one of the coolest men alive and it's truly a blessing having an authoritarian dad.

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.