Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Sadness of Getting Older

Getting older means you made it far enough to call yourself old. You've lived your life, seen a few beautiful places in the world, and hopefully gained a good amount of memories in your lifetime. But, as you get older you're at risk of losing all of those memories. As you get older, your brain begins to deteriorate. You get older, you get dumber. You may lose everything you learned. You may become a psychopath. Living a long and healthy life is a beautiful thing. Living a long and disease filled life is just miserable. This cognitive regression is something that, if not cured, needs to forcefully be stopped before more old people and their families suffer. I am recommending a program that (humanely) executes anybody that is experiencing this kind of severe cognitive regression. When the old people reach a certain point where they get their license taken away by the government, they forget their pants at home, or they mistake their dog for their wife, that's when you have to end those suckers lives. I'm not trying to sound mean, but ending someone living in a miserable and impossible situation is better than making them suffer any longer than they have to. You have to consider their families. They have to deal with the cognitive regression. They have to deal with changing the diapers and being called the wrong name. It's all just a depressing situation. A solution must come quick, and I think I have one.

#endtheoldpeople

1 comment:

  1. I hear your point Gabe. Quite the interesting solution, but I was also kind of creeped out when I read about this and saw the charts in the book. For example, one chart shows that people until age 65 can identify smells about 90% of the time, but then there is a sharp decline, and by the time they are 85, they can only identify 60% of smells.This also applies to sight and hearing. I hope doctors can find a solution so that old people can truly enjoy the rest of their life and not have to suffer these declines in their abilities.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.