Monday, February 25, 2013
Humanistic Perspective
This theory for personality makes absolutely no sense. They would like to claim a person's perceived self and ideal self should be the same. Before continuing to learn the details of this perspective I believed there were already multiple flaws. First, as a high school student how on earth can we be in an ideal state? We have barely experienced life, there is no way anyone could make the claim that any one of us have been able to accomplished our ideal self. Secondly a person could always be improving themselves. In fact this is one of the fundamental ideas behind humanistic psychology. How could a person improve them-self if they are already in an ideal state? I think this could connect to an earlier blog post I had written about how Psychology is a new science that has many unanswered questions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.