Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Parenting

People always talk about how parenting is the most important thing in the development of a child, but I would like to contend that is not the case. Rather, when we sit in school all day with our friends, that is where the real development comes from.
Take my life, for example. I wake up at 6:40, take a shower and get ready, by the time I get downstairs, I see my mother once (my dad is at shuld) and akiva is at my house and I am off to school. Depending on the day, I'll get home anytime from 5:35 to 7 oclock at night. I eat, go upstairs, do some borign work for Mrs. Perl, if there is a good sporting event on TV then I will watch that, and then I go to sleep. At what time during that day are my parents influencing me with there personality. No! My peers at school are the ones who influence me more.
Do not get me wrong. I am not saying that parents have absolutely no infuence or effect on their kids because that would be simply ludicrous. But, I do think that the amount of stress that psychologists and David Myers put on the effect that parents have is partially overblown.
Obviously, my parents do have an effect on me, but not anywhere close to the effect that most people say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.