Thursday, November 22, 2012

When I read Mrs. Perl's email abou Einstein's brain I got aggravated. After reading the article I got the feeling that the scientist's were trying to say that his discoveries were a fluke, just a mistake. I also got the feeling that they were just trying to reassure themselves that in fact they are smart and that Einstein just got lucky. The more I think about it, the angrier I get; they are insulting one of the greatest scientists  to ever walk on this earth. Anyway I could not write a whole post on this while staying appropriate so I am going to talk about the brain. The article mentioned that he had extra grey matter. I had no idea what that was so I used the power of the internet and found some really cool stuff. Grey matter is where all the mental processing takes place. There is also a thing called white matter; its job is to connect the different parts of the brain. Studies show that pathological liars actually have 25 percent more white matter in their prefrontal cortex. This does not mean their brain is bigger it just means that they actually have 14 percent less grey matter. This makes them better liar because they can have information jump around their brain really quickly but there is one downside: grey matter is where critical thinking takes place so their ability to think critically diminishes. Just a little about grey matter and white matter. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.