Monday, November 5, 2012

Pioneers

The Young-Helmholz Trichromatic Theory suggests that we see different colors based on the interaction of three main cones in our eyes. The theory has its problems, but no problems that couldn't be fixed by a simple solution. The fascination I have with theories such as this one is how. How do these people come up with these things. You could give me a full, in depth image of an eye and I will never be able to come up with something like that. I could study eyes for a year and still be completely lost. But Young and Helmholz came up with a theory that solves the fascination with how we see an array of colors with only three color specific cones. The best part of the theory is that when a solution came up (how can there be red-green color blind and not yellow if red and green make yellow) it was easily solved with another theory: the Opponent Process Theory. I find it amazing that people take the little things in life for granted. The complexity of looking across the room is something to cherish. Some people aren't so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.