When I first learned that we were going to have block scheduling I was quite disappointed. I had read the studies that showed it didn't work and was not looking foward to the long periods. However, in AP Psychology the classes are not all just lectures. Mrs. Perl has had us do several projects that I thought were particularly useful in helping me learn the information. Without the longer period times we would not be able to do these projects.
When we were learning about the parts of the brain, such as the medulla or the parietal lobe, we had time to build a model brain out of playdoe. Hesitant at first, eager after the beginning, I found the project to be a particularly effective method of learning the location of the specific areas. At the end of the class I was quite confident in my ability to map out the brain, allowing my right-hemisphere to work its spatial magic.
The second project we did required a lot more writing and was in fact labeled as an assignment. I found it fun nonetheless and was glad that we were given in it. For the perception and sensory section of our books we had to formulate real-world examples of situations that each keyword would take effect. The setting for the examples was at a play, giving me lots of free room for my imagination to run wild. I had quite a bit of fun with this one.
Although I am still not a fan of the block scheduling system, I do appreciate and enjoy being able to do activities in class.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.