Sunday, September 23, 2012

No Pain, No Gain

          My opinion that without pain, life would be so much better, was shut down instantly by Mrs. Perl and the rest of you guys. Now I understand why. Before that class discussion, I always wondered how people could even say that pain is a good thing. It's pain! It hurts! Why is it a good thing to get hurt?! 
               Now I understand that the reason that pain is a good thing is because if we did not feel pain, then we would not know when we would need to be treated and we could possibly end up dead without any idea of it being imminent. Without pain, we could also end up looking very ugly because of huge bruises, scars, and/or burns.
               Even after hearing the class's idead of the importance of pain, I still have one more argument left. There are other people in this world to tell you when you need to be treated, and thanks to the technology today, pretty much anything could be treated very quickly. It would be great if we didn't feel pain. We would never get and if we got a bruise, gash, or burn, somebody would tell you if you needed to be cured. 
               The only thing that pain is good for now is appearance. However, I would definitely trade temporary aspects of my appearance for no pain. My classmates would say, thank god for pain; however, I say thank god for other people/doctors!!!

1 comment:

  1. While technology can help you out a lot i dont know if it tell you everything. I know that I am overtired when I get huge headaches. A machine would not be able to tell me that and without that warning I could end up in a much worse situation like falling asleep behind the wheel or something. Also you only talk about physical pain. Would you wan to live you life without emotional pain? Or do you think that it is important?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.