Why Do We Care?
Why do we care about what goes on inside of us? When I'm living my everyday life I have no desire to know why I'm breathing, or why I do it involuntarily. I'm just happy I'm doing it. I understand that since Psychology was born many scientific breakthroughs have contributed enormously to the overall well being of the world, but what made the fathers of Psychology think of these ideas? What would lead a person to wonder what's going on inside of them when it's so much easier to be perfectly content with things running the right way. This may seem like a basic, stupid question. You may respond that it's common to think about how you work, but it's only common because somebody did it first. As far back as Plato and Socrates people have been studying people. What motivated that? Who thought it would be a good idea to tear apart a human body to examine it? What savages. It's the norm now, but if this wasn't common practice, if Psychology did not exist, it would be nothing short of barbaric.
I sure do love to propose questions on this blog, I wish some people would try to answer them though!
I'm not going to answer this question, I'm just going to second your opinion. I honestly do not care what is going on inside me. It happens, and there is no explanation needed. If I lived back then I may have cared to explore what is going on in my head, but now that I know, I don't care. It does not really matter because it is going to happen whether or not I know about it. I guess the reason why some people nowadays want to know is just to be aware of what is going on in humans. If we know what is going on inside of us, then we may be able to figure out why we do certain things.
ReplyDelete