While being in Philadelphia pressed with time and helping with the family cook for Rosh Hashanah, the holiday ends and I am with the cutest baby in the world. From here, I actually learned a bit of Psychology without being in the class. My two little cousins Akiva and Ezra, both brothers, are interesting kids. One of them is really sensitive and his name is Akiva and he's 7 years old, his brother Ezra, who is 5, doesn't care about anything and isn't sensitive. Their personalities are very different and I see that one of them gets the sensitivity from their mother and the non sensitive one gets his non sensitive, humorous personality from his dad. If they were twins would they have the same personalities or would they still be opposite from another?
This is not the only fascinating thing about my cousins, what fascinates me as well is cognition, how when at first when they were little kids, they couldn't comprehend or even build a lego set. Yesterday I went to the store with the kids, and my 7 year old cousin built a rocket ship, what fascinates me is him reading the directions on the manual and knowing which pieces to put where. While I am also fascinated by the fact that this child didn't know how to read when he was very little, I realize the fantastic part of cognition, being able to process information from reading a book, from looking at pictures that tell you where certain pieces belong, and to processing the motion signals one can give off, when shaking their head or waving. Cognition takes place in every second of our life.
I will attempt to answer your question that you asked in the end of the first paragraph. From reading unit 3c in the book, I understand that if they were identical twins, then they would without a doubt be similar in those ways, and would have gotten their traits regarding their sensitivity from either their mother or their father. On the other hand, if they were fraternal twins, then they would probably be the same as they are now because fraternal twins just means that they had the same fetal environment.
ReplyDelete