Sunday, March 17, 2013

I'll Forever Do This Wrong

It's technically Sunday. If you have a problem with my timing, I don't care because I'm being literal Larry tonight. Anyway, I'd like to start off by saying that the Perl Bar Mitzvah service was phenomenal. Nothing was better than getting multiple plates of that delicious salad. Oh, and not to mention the delicious chicken fingers. Just a solid all around morning. Mazel Tov!

Anyway, I was thinking about Schizophrenia recently. I thought about the person I know who has it. I won't mention any names. I honestly find it to be the coolest abnormal psychological disease we learned about. Can you imagine a voice in your head perpetually misleading you? I can't imagine going through life thinking someone is always after me. This person, though, he always feels he's being watched. He always thinks the police are on to his activities, despite the fact that his activities are innocent.

What I find to be so interesting about Schizophrenia is the actual biology of it. Enlarged ventricles don't seem to be so impactful, it's just a bit of an abnormality. That's what it seems at least. In reality, those enlarged ventricles plant a misleading guide in your head forever. I don't know why this is so fascinating to me, but looking at a picture of a Schizophrenic patient is just intriguing.

For the person I know, I know how terrible it is. I know it ruins his life. I often see him riding his bike, talking and smiling to himself. It's truly heartbreaking. This is a disease I would never wish upon anyone, not even my greatest enemies.

Happy Sunday, y'all.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Larry,
    That's my dad's name, and I don't appreciate you mocking him, nor do I think he appreciates being placed into an example of alliteration. Just saying. Anywho, schizophrenia does in fact seem like a very out there psychological disorder. When I think of a hallucination, I think of SEEING things that are not there; however, like you, I cannot imagine HEARING somethingm like a voice, that is not really there. I know that must be difficult to cope with for schizophrenics.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.