Monday, March 18, 2013
That schizophrenic guy on that video
I don't know why, but over the weekend, I couldn't stop thinking about that schizophrenic guy who lived in the subway that was documented in that video we watched.
Just a refresher: schizophrenia is a psychological disorder with several symptoms, including disorganized and delusional thinking, disturbed perceptions and hallucinations, and inappropriate emotions and actions.
This guy in the subway's reasoning for thinking that somebody is out to get him certainly fits these symptoms. But just the way he said it, his choice of words, really intrigued. Over Shabbos, I spoke to my mother, who is a nurse, about her rounds when she was in school, and she told me about some of the schizophrenic people she met and talked with. I know this sounds insensitive, but I think it would be kind of cool to observe these people.
To conclude, I recently watched a movie called 'Ghost,' and there's one ghost who lives in a subway train (you can see a clip of him here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjkkKO5Gsno), and I couldn't help but think from certain scenes that he is the ghost of a schizophrenic dude. I just thought I'd share my personal thoughts about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.