When reading about the Client-centered therapy, I realized that it could be very effective because the therapist is becoming personal with the client and is showing them a sense of trust and openness that the client really needs. However, on the other hand, I realized that psychoanalysis, for example, seems to be a waste of time. A person will spend countless hours and a lot of money to sit on a couch and say words that come to their mind. After reading all of this, I came to the conclusion that in order to be the perfect therapist, one must use the Ecclectic approach. This means that they can combine different therapy methods when dealing with their clients. This way, they will be able to use the appropriate therapy for each specific case. (It will also ensure that the therapist is well educated!)
hello aviva,
ReplyDeleteI also enjoyed the cinderella activity because it applied psychology's ideas to a really fun topic. I found it very amusing. I love when things are funny but they still have some intelligent factors in them such as psychology's types of treatments. I hope that one day when i god-willing become a psychologist of some sort i will be able to use all these different types of treatments to help people overcome these issues. I also really liked the client-centered therapy because i feel like its important to really talk to the patients or clients taht we have and give them full attention.