Sunday, April 22, 2012

Decisions

In class I was reading about Attraction. I learned that there are many reasons for attraction the most basic reason for why we get attracted is because of proximity, which is the geographic nearness towards others. This means that many times our locations determine who we are going to be friends with, and get attracted to( since we also learned that the surrounding groups might alter your attitude towards others). I thought this was very true and obvious since for example the school you go to determines who you'll meet and who you will spend your time with. The same thing happens in college. My parents met at a university. This means that if either one of them would have chosen not to attend that university, they would have possibly never met (and I would not have been born yet.) This shows how important our life decisions are and that we should always put ourselves in good environment since we all know that the environment is a very influential but also life changing factor.

1 comment:

  1. Sharon-
    This is so true! Something very common that happens to a lot of people our age is the 'long distance relationship.' Even if people seem to think that they can make it through being a part from each other, it usually does not work. However, they convince themselves that it will work because they are scared to break up. Or, they may have overconfidence in the situation. I experience a similar thing with my camp friends and my friends. I have good friends from camp and from different summer programs but my relationship with them is nothing like my relationship with my friends here in Memphis who I spend the majority of my year with. It will be interesting to see how all of this plays out when I am in seminary next year, where I will be around all new people (except for Aviva, of course!).

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.