Friday, April 20, 2012

hello my dear fellow classmates,
so this week we learned about social psychology and i had to read about the bystander effect in class. I actually found it very interesting since this concept totally applied to me. The bystander effect is somebody is need of help, we are less likely to come to their aid if there are other potential people around who could help them. This probably occurs because we just assume that somebody else will come to their aid and thats why we dont need to step up. I actually completely see how that could happen. I am much more likely to help people if i know that i am the only person who can come to their help. I will just assume that they have someone else who can perhaps help them more than i could. Nevertheless, there are instances where i actually dont want to help certain people who obviously need help because those are the kinds of people everyone wants to help anyway. Personally, i like to help people who actually need help, no matter in what regard, but it is actually more subtle and less obvious that they need help. I like to help those kinds of people because i am certain that few other people would be there to help them so i like to step up and help them. I think that that is also a different version of the bystander effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.