First: The first week of school when we learned prologue through chapter one, I was utterly confused. I didn't understand any of what was being said. But after rereading the chapter and my notes, I realize that I understand all of it because it just summarizes the entire book. All of the chapters are squished together to bring us chapter 1 and the prologue.
Second: Every new chapter we did incorporated information from the previously learned chapters. When we did chapter 2 and had to memorize all of the different brain parts and their functions, I remember being relieved that I'd only need to know it for the one chapter. But we actually use that information in every single chapter, and now I don't have to study the functions at all. I can recall them too, not just recognize.
Third: We are almost done with the book, and the AP is in a few weeks! I'm not at all concerned because Mrs. Perl is doing a fabulous job as our teacher, preparing us to ace this exam. She's helping us set aside time during the week to study that we won't be stressed, and after it's all over, we are going to feel immensely relaxed and satisfied. She is motivating us to remember all of the material and I'm excited to actually take the AP.
Thanks Mrs. Perl!!
Zahava, once again, words of wisdom. I agree that it is exciting to find new information relating to what we already learned. During the first few chapters, I was a little bit bored because it was a lot of memorization and random information, but as we learned on, I realized that it all connects. Now what we are learning fascinates me! Yay psychology
ReplyDeleteZahava-
ReplyDeleteI noticed all of this as well when I was studying for the exam. In the prologue when we did the chart of the different psychologists I remember being so lost and confused. I remember it taking me forever to memorize it for the test. Today, I breezed through that whole section. We basically discuss that topic in almost every chapter. I find it so cool how everything really connects- just like chumash class!!!
Dear Zahava,
ReplyDeleteYou have a written a wonderful blog.
I also recall that when we learned the prologue we had to learn about all the different kinds of psychologists and what their main job was. I must say that when i was reading through the different psychologists i wasnt exactly sure what each of them really did and i was worried i would never truly understand it. However, as we moved forward in each chapter it always started out with what kind of psychologist would focus on studying this specific topic. This really made me understand clearly what each psychologist does.