Sunday, March 25, 2012

Schizophrenia Diaries

I was trying to find something interesting to post, and I found a website called Schizophrenia Diaries. I don't know if these stories are actually weird, but i was looking through and one story really interested me.


This person is talking about his experience, and the first thing he says is "I knew something was wrong when the voice I was talking to for about two weeks straight turned on me." It's sad that this person didn't realize that hearing a voice for two weeks is abnormal. He writes that he thought he had superpowers, and he didn't realize anything was wrong until the girls told him he had to sell his soul. Then he writes that it's the voice of the girl who lives below him, a girl he had a crush on. He thinks Gd is testing him to see if lust would drive him to hell... it makes no sense, but he didn't realize anything was wrong! It's very sad.

This story also makes no sense, the way this persons thought process goes. I'm really not sure if these stories are true, but it's rather intriguing. http://schizophreniadiaries.com/category/hearing-things/

4 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWaFqw8XnpA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I think this blog post was excellent because it demonstrated basically all the symptoms of Schizophrenia. This guy definitely has delusions because he hears voices that dont exist, which is a very common symptom in people with schizophrenia, especially hearing voices. In addition, his thinking is illogical because his ideas are in fragments and his thinking is flawed. However, the saddest thing is that he does not even notice that his thinking is illogical and that what he sees and hears and thinks is completely wrong. I think the saddest thing about having a disease or a disorder is the fact that you don't know that you have it. Therefore the story made me very very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zahava-
    This is a very interesting blog. It's so hard to fathom Schizophrenia. It doesn't make sense to me that people just hear or see things that aren't really there. If these diary entries are true, it is very cool because we firsthand get to see how these people think these things that happen to them are actually true and we get to see how they are feeling about the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so interesting, I agree with Carmit about how it really brings the symptomos of Schizophrenia to life. I think i will need to look at that!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.