Monday, March 5, 2012

Hello my dear fellow classmates,
so this week we learned about how certain situations cause us to act in a different way. Sometimes when two situations come in contact we often are confused about how we should behave. This is also what we learned back in chapter 4 concerning child development during adolescence when we develop our identity and once two different identities that we are trying out come into conflict we experience a role confusion. This made me realize that so many different scenarios in life cause us to feel this confusion of behavior when we are in a certain situation. Especially, in high school where(in most schools) popularity is so important and everything is s o clique-based ones behaviors will change. For example, im sure we all have heard about the following sad scenario: the geeky nice boy is actually the kind of person the pretty girl wants to be with since he is so good to her. But because she is popular and must maintain that role she actually bullies the boy who is so sweet to her. Sad, isnt it? This is just one example of how environmental influences affect our behavior.

1 comment:

  1. Carmit-
    I feel like this idea makes up about half of the movies out there. It is so true but so sad. Environment really does play a roll in our daily lives. I know that you and I have talked about this following example: It is so common for girls to be so nice but when they are around boys they change dramatically. I really think we are all guilty of this. This is one of the reasons why I love being in an all girls school. I feel comfortable being weird and crazy or even just wearing a baggy sweatshirt with my hair in a bun. So, I feel like the environment can have and positive and negative affect on personality.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.