Click on the image to get a bigger and more clear view! I thought it was going to be just an ordinary ride. However, it wasn't. When I was riding on the subway this past weekend in New York City, I was looking at all the maps and signs on the wall. I suddenly noticed this fantastic poster. My mom and I were both looking at it and we thought it was so cool and TRUE. As I was looking at it I, of course, immediately started thinking about psychology class. In my opinion, it accurately depicts a variety of cultures and personalities. I really think that these two qualities really are what makes this poster so cool because it shows how each person is so different and unique. Not only this but (going all the way back to developmental psychology), we see how each person is at a different stage in their life, and the expressions on their faces reflect that stage. Yes, New York is a big and wild city and we may not find people walking around in bear costumes in Memphis, but this poster goes to show that culture and personality really vary from person to person, and we cannot take this 'theme' in psychology lightly. Sometimes it is hard to 'accept' people living their lives so differently than us, but we must remember that the variety is really what makes the world and our lives so interesting and exciting.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.