Friday, March 14, 2014

Suicide.

I always wanted to research Suicide. I never could grasp my head around how someone could kill themselves. I understand more to why they would want to, but actually being able to cause such harm to themselves baffles me.
I know a teenage boy from New York who jumped out of a window and killed himself. Hatzalah ( ambulance) was in the room while it happened. Trying to get him to not do it, but they were too late. Ever since then I wanted to know more about it.
More recently I was told a story about a family in New York who was making a wedding. One of the siblings was not so religious and the parents the day of the wedding said something like - unless you are wearing a normal suit and black hat do not come to the wedding. So the boy did not go. When the wedding was over they all came home to find that their son hung himself.
Both these stories are crazy and extremely sad. But it was more than what the people were saying. The first boy was just a regular teenager going through a depressing stage in his life. And there has to be more to the  second boys story. No one killed themselves because they were shunned at what they were going to where. But I am not interested in the details. I wanted to understand how they were able to kill themselves.
While I was doing the research I came to the realization that its not them killing themselves. It is their mind, that has taken over their body, which is the one killing them.
You yourself does not have that ability.
The reasons that people commit suicide all lead to the mind taking over.
1. A severe depression. - there mind is telling them that everything in life is hopeless. It feeds the person sadness and doesn't let them have any dreams or hopes. They do not have a sense of purpose or want to fulfill a dream. The depression takes over and leaves them with thinking nothing but the present. The mind then has control and can lead the body to do what it wants.
2. There psychotic. - They have voices in their head telling them what to do. Once again it is not them. There mind is making up voices. That is what is leading them to kill themselves. They feel the need to listen to exactly what the voices says.
3. They are impulsive. - meaning there on drugs or alcohol. We all know the effects of some drugs. It takes you over. You are now the drug not yourself. The mind is warped signals are being stopped or transmitting to fast. If you think about killing yourself your drugged up brain might then make you do it without thinking.
4. Philosophical reason. - This is usually only when someone is terminally ill. People like to be in control. When they aren't they crave it. When they are not in control over their sickness their minds starts acting out. They begin to think that they only way that they can have control is for them to decide when they die not the illness. Their minds want to feel in charge and in control and by killing the person who they are controling before the illness does they do just that.
5. They have made a mistake- Someone did something that they should not have. They were vulnerable. Once again its a control problem. The mind was wrong, it did not have enough control over the person to make sure they didn't commit the mistake. So it goes nuts. It guilts the person and makes them feel horrible about it. Then it makes the person kill themselves so they are in control. No more mistakes can happen.

There are many other reasons for suicide. Some that makes sense and others that are hard to understand.
I think though suicide is a sad an crazy thing and I do believe It is not really the person killing themselves but their mind taking over and killing them.
It could be my theory is bogus though, what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I see what you're saying, and I don't think that what you're saying is bogus, but aren't body and mind connected to a certain extent? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you're trying to say that they can't 'get out of their head'. They just get overpowered by these feelings that they stop having control over.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.