Sunday, February 9, 2014

Brain Games.

There are many things that can help people cognitively. Games are one such thing. It is Brain exercise and many people believe that older people should play them to keep their brain and cognition skills going. There is research being done about how these games affect younger people, however it has proven to help old people. The finding suggests that skills in one game can apply to different mental challenges, similar to the way running is good for parts of the body other than just the legs.
Brain games include all sort of different things. There are matching games, memorization games and games that takes lots of thinking skills. It keeps the brain stimulated and therefore slows down the process of the brain slowly deteriorating. 
If you want to start brain training here is a great web site. http://www.lumosity.com/
Try it out and let me know if your  brain feels stimulated.
Do you think this actually works? Or is it all made up? Have you ever played a game that you felt helped your cognition other times? 

1 comment:

  1. I always see commercials for luminocity! I've never actually went to it, though. I found the commercials cheesy and dumb. Now that I've finally visited the website, I can't say that my opinion has changed much. But that's mostly because I didn't want to give them my information and make an account. Maybe these games are good, but I'd like to believe there are other, better ways to stimulate our minds. Like, why don't we just read more or do sodoku? I think we need fewer excuses to always be on our computers.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.