Monday, October 14, 2013

Are brain is a cool thing. Just saying


I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs too.

 Translation -
I couldn't believe that I could actually understand what I was reading. Using the incredible power of the human brain, according to research at Cambridge University, it doesn't matter in what order the letters in a word are, the only important thing is that the first and last letter be in the right place. The rest can be a total, mess and you can read it without a problem. This is because the human mind does not read every letter by itself, but the word as a whole. Amazing, huh? Yeah and I always thought spelling was important! See if your friends can read this too!

Mostly everyone that reads the first paragraph can read it fully. Are brains have an amazing way of processing things. They don't just read everything every time it sees words. Instead it remembers how words look and the context it should be and figure it out when you see letters.
All kids start reading slow. That's because their brain is reading though every word because its new. As you read more your brain will recognize words faster and easier. It is like if you come across a new word in a passage it takes you longer to read it becouse your brain doesnt reconzie it so it has to read it out.
It is actually a great thing that are brain does that because other wise everyone will be real slow readers.
On a side note maybe this proves that words don't have to be spelled right for people to read it. So me not knowing how to spell isn't that bad. :) I will just have to work on getting the first and last letter right.

4 comments:

  1. I've seen this before and always thought it was pretty cool! I wonder, though, why exactly are we able to read words when the first and last letter are correct? What is the brain doing to make this possible?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, those things are pretty cool. Our brains are so awesome. We don't give them enough credit. Maybe we do.
    HA- so true about your spelling! Oh, Hudis.. not the Bais Yaakov version

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When are you going to learn! It's always the bais Yaakov version!

      Delete
  3. I have also always been fascinated with these types of paragraphs. The brain's ability to remember and be able to apply later is truly incredible. This week, Sarah wrote about déjà vu. Although déjà vu applies to remembering and recognizing a familiar scent, smell, etc., it is quite similar to recalling words that we have read. Our brains have an enormous capacity to learn and then retain and recall. Our brains are truly a cool thing.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.