When I was a kid I would always try to pick out the bag of candy that had the most reds or blues in it. For some reason no matter which candy it was those two colors were always the best. I never had the problem with M and M's ( chas veshalam I ate them they are ou-d) but I would with jelly fish and Laffy Taffys. I always never got the good colors. I was always stuck with the yellows and oranges, the colors that tastes disgusting.
One time I was complaining to my mom and I said "Why do they make less of the good colors? Those are the ones that people eat". My mom responded saying it just seems like that but in reality the quantity of all the colors are equal. I never agreed with her.
Friday, August 30, 2013 at around 11:30 was the first time I understood that my mom was right and the "leaders of candy" don't hate me. They actually have a specific about of candy colors per color. It may not be the same amount but you should always get all the colors. They do make the better colors more. However I was right to, you never get the colors you want. When I got my package of M and M's I didn't get any reds or blue. But I should have. They make it that there should have been a percentage of those colors in my bag, but there was not and that's what helped me understand surveys.
Surveys have to be taken by a lot of people to get an accurate result. If you look at one bag of candy you can't see the actual percent of how many of one color is products. However the more bags you take the more accurate it will be.
Surveys are a great way to see how a percentage of people feel about something. People though have to be wary of them because of how inaccurate they can actually be. You can take a survey of everyone in the phone book but you have to realize that's not everyone because there are people that aren't listed. You can go send a survey out to our school but you have to realize some kids wont answer it.
You have to now to take a survey to come out with an accurate results. Strategies to make sure you have the most random and diverse people taking the survey. Understanding how people think so you know how to word a question.
There are many things that need to be thought out before you take an accurate survey. However when you do you can get an amazing result. Just like the candy the main thing about surveys is numbers, the more the better.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.