I'm going to talk about a term from earlier in the year: Rosy retrospection. I'm looking back at this year's course with a fairly positive attitude. Things were awesome, weren't they? We had so much fun! There was so much laughter! So many good times with our new friend, Mrs. Perl! Right?
Well, kinda. On a weekly basis, we were forced to do grueling assignments that took up to 5 hours. We were forced to pile work and work and work onto our workload, leaving no time for fun. Many of us have felt tortured in this class at some point or another.
All this being said, I still can't help but enjoy looking back at the year. This makes me think that Rosy Retrospection is more of a brief feeling - quickly ended by realistic remembering. Even so, I still look back and tend to see past the misery, the work, the painful feeling of my butt hurting from sitting on my kitchen table chair for too long. I look back and see what has been a phenomenal year with a phenomenal teacher.
It was truly rosy!
Here is my hypothetical response that would be typical of social polarization and would cause Gabe to feel even more happy about this year:
ReplyDelete"Yeah! this year totally rocked! I enjoyed it all, the work was cool even if it was long, I couldn't imagine a better year."
It was a cool year indeed; that was just an exaggerated example.