Sunday, January 20, 2013
I Want to Create a Language
Before I make a language, I have to think to myself, "What types of rules and sounds do I need to create to make my language successful?" Well, every language has letters, whether the letters are a, b, c, d or alef, bet, gimel, daled; it doesn't matter, but every language needs letters. Every language also needs phonemes, which are the most basic sounds, and morphemes, which are the smallest unit of sound that still has meaning such as a prefix or a suffix. For example, in the word "absolutely," there are supposedly 3 morphemes: ab, solute, and ly. My language also needs grammar or a set of rules so that everybody can be able to understand the language and communicate with one another. Looks like I'm good to go. I've got the basic parts of language down; now it's time to create it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well I wish you luck in creating a language. What attracts me so compellingly to this idea is how so many different languages have developed over time. While it is simple, in theory, to create a language, to spread it and to acquire it is difficult. I blogged about the nature vs. nurture debate in language acquisition. According to both sides, it would appear unequivocally clear that it takes either a great deal of reinforcement or a significant role in our human biology to acquire languages.
ReplyDeleteI will join you in this venture to create a language. I was whistling just today and thought about how awesome it would be to have a whistle language. Let's get together tomorrow after school and discuss. Cool? Cool.
ReplyDelete