We learned about the different colors and how we can perceive them. We learned that there are the trichromatic colors, and that cones are in charge for colorful colors and rods are in charge of black and white.
How do we know that we all see the same color named "green" since it can be that what I perceive as "green" is actually "red", but I was taught that a certain color is called a certain word. Is it possible that all of our worlds are differently colorful? What do you think?
These kind of questions hurt my brain! I think that we might all perceive colors in slightly different ways, but we all must be somewhat the same because we see certain colors,like green, as green. When little kids learn colors they are taught what all of the colors are by teachers or family members all over the world. If we did not see colors the same way as others, we might be calling "green" "purple" etc. I'm not sure if this makes so much sense, maybe it makes more sense in my head, but I do believe that it is not possible for everybody to see all colors completely differently.
ReplyDeleteThis is such an interesting question, and honestly, I have no idea. It is weird to think about and it makes my brain hurt.
ReplyDelete