Wednesday, November 9, 2011

2 is better than one, even with ears!

Today, in class we were learning about how our ear works and how we hear different things. We then spoke about how we can detect where sound comes from, since we have two ears, and we can then "measure" where the energy waves are coming from. It was very strange, since yesterday when I was looking for my phone I was angling my body in different directions in order to maybe hear the phone. Now I know the exact idea behind this and I am amazed how so many things in our body are perfect like that we have two ears for a reason.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely agree with this. So many things that we learn in this class are so fascinating! We would never stop to think about this before but now we know how it actually works. It's amazing how fast we can hear and how our ears can tell where different sounds are coming from or their pitch etc.!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.