Sunday, November 6, 2011

Art and Psychology

As many of you know, I love art. I am very into drawing, and I often doodle designs in my notebooks at school. When I draw these pictures I never stop and think about the psychology behind the ways we view different aspects of art, like shading, and the illusions that are created by overlapping images. However, while reading about the different monocular cues in the section about depth perception, I found that I could understand the different types of cues, like interposition- when one object blocks the view of another object so it is perceived to be larger. Even while painting, there are certain things that are taken into consideration, like how light or dark the picture will be. Artists use all of these methods to help convey certain messages and express their feelings through their paintings. It is really cool to me how we can connect psychology to everything that we do, even something as simple as drawing a picture.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you Aviva. It is really weird, since I thought something similar when we learned about how we view all the different aspects that include art. I have a feeling that the reason why artists are so good at drawing, is because they have very specific and good imagination for how it should look, just as someone who is musical knows exactly which pitch sounds good.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.