Hello my dear fellow classmates,
So as i was studying for our lovely test for tomorrow i suddenly just had to stop when i got to the sensation of pain because i just needed to blog about it.
I was always very obsessed with the sensation of pain. I am like always in pain because i have so many issues with my body its ridiculous; of course all i do is complain all the time. However, i seem to forget that there is so much worse out there than the pain i experience. I always wondered how people who are tortured can endure that kind of pain for a long period of time. I would just go insane. The book also mentioned people who are able to control their pain-mind over matter. I found that absolutely fascinating. So here a few questions i would like to start with:
1. Do you really think thatthe whole mind over matter thing works?
2. Do you think that we are all born with it or can we become accustomed to it?(Before you answer that consider the following: millions of women are able to give birth and can endure the pain without any previous training. On the other hand, you always see in movies how there are these tough men(like Jack Bauer from 24) who have been exposed to pain so much that they grew accustomed to it) so which one is it?
3. Are there only certain people who can endure intense pain? If yes why?
4. Not all of you might be able to answer this question since you might not know what im talking about but ill pose it anyway: The character Gregory from the show house MD had his muscle thigh removed and is therefore constantly in excruciating pain. He must take very strong pain killers(vicodin) to get through the day. Why cant he "control" his pain?
1. No, I have tried it.
ReplyDelete2. Not sure what you mean. I think some people just learn to endure pain and others have a low tolerance. I have a low tolerance, and I guess you do too. But some people are just able to handle it, or are trained to.
4. It really hurts. I have no idea why it won't get better. But thats why he is addicted to vikadin.