Now, I still think that I have a good memory. I know that I am really good at remembering birthdays, numbers, and names. It kind of seems really creepy. Sometimes when I have memorized someone's birthday after them only telling me once, they will think that I am a creeper for knowing it, but I think it's just because I can remember numbers pretty easily.
Then, there are those memories that I remember vividly happening. I see those events as part of my childhood. When I ask my parents about the memory, they say that never happened and I get confused. It seemed like it was something that could happen and when I am told that it never happened it just doesn't seem right.
Also, when I was a kid, I remember having a certain dream that I remember until this day. I think that I remember it because it was a semantic dream. I remember the dream with detail. The dream was that I was at this zoo type thing and there was a pool with baby sharks and I remember that my mom threw me in that pool and walked away. I remember having the dream and I know that I did have the dream. Since it was so long ago, I'm not sure if I got the details fully correct. It is kind of frustrating to not be able to remember all the things that happened at an event and our mind just puts pieces into a memory and throws out some and adds some, but you can never truly know if your memory is exact.

I definitely have the same things! I can remember names, numbers, and birthdays very well. Is it because we care about others and it takes on a meaning for us? I wonder why it is that it's easier for us to do that as opposed to other people. Also, I have moments that I remember pretty vividly and people tell me they never happened.. do we just have rich imaginations?
ReplyDelete