Hey guys. Remember all that information we learned the night before the test? When we crammed? Well, we should have used some spacing effect because I am forgetting a lot of stuff we've learned. I think it's because I just learned the things for the sake of getting a good grade on the test, I didn't effortfully process everything I was learning, thus making it easier to forget. BUT! There is a solution! Marijuana. Smoke lots of it and you'll remember everything you've ever learned. I'm only joking...drugs are bad. What we all need to do is start now and review every night. Rehearsal and relearning is the key. Look back over those old tests and learn those definitions people, we need to make Mrs. Perl look good.
Peace out and grind on.
This blog posts has me wondering why I am not getting A+'s on my blogs (not to make fun of Gabe's blogs). Anyways, I would agree that smoking a lot of marijuana would be helpful to study for the test if we had learned the material while smoking marijuana. According to the mood-congruent theory, we have the tendency to recall experiences that are consistent with one's current good or bad mood. The same value can hold true with alcohol. If one were to lose their keys when drunk, it actually wouldn't be a bad idea to get drunk again to recall where your keys are. Of course, I would recommend not learning material while smoking and not losing your keys when drunk, but this mood-congruent theory can actually justify some odd habits.
ReplyDelete