Sunday, February 5, 2012

Self Motivation is Key!

Good evening my friends,
Since we are learning about motivation, I would like to point out exactly how important it is to be self-motivated. When discussing motivation with work, we learned that one should be very involved in what they are doing and feel the desire to succeed. However, sometimes we might find it very difficult because we are not motivated enough. Personally, I sometimes feel that no matter how much motivation I have from others, what it really takes is self motivation. For example, I always feel that I do not eat healthy enough, and I want to lose a few pound. I know that I need to exercise, and I know what foods I need to eat and which ones I should stay away from, but I simply cannot bring myself to do it! So, I was searching online and came across a website that gives tips on how to be self motivated. Now that I read it, maybe it will help me to reach goals that I want to reach, but am not motivated enough to do. It says that you must have:
1. A cause- something you care about
2. A dream- something concrete, like a goal that you are aiming to reach
3. A hunger- something stronger than just a desire
4. Your own race- do not compare yourself to others
5. One more step- keep going even when there are obstacles in the way
6. let go of the past- the past is just a burden so let go of it!
Anyway, I think this could be some inspiration if anyone is ever having trouble with something and needs a little push :)
http://www.lifeoptimizer.org/2008/10/22/self-motivation-how-to-motivate-yourself/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.