Monday, February 27, 2012

Hello my dear fellow classmates,
I am so excited to learn more about this chapter, especially since it has a lot to do with Freud's ideas. Ever since i was a little child i have always heard people discuss Freud and his ideas. I remember people often saying how appalled they were by his extreme and inappropriate ideas. Now that we have started to learn about him, i am able to slowly form my own opinion of Freud and his ideas. Although many of my classmates found Freud's ideas "weird" and "crazy" i tried to look at his ideas from an objective point of view. For example, i remembered learning in chapter 7 when we learned about states of consciousness that Freud's theory was that our dreams actually depict our sexual desires(even if we dream about "innocent" themes such as flowers and trees). Overall, he thinks that basically all our actions have a sexual component to them(like if you sneeze that is sexual.) Some of us might just call him insane and wacko, while others will simply be creeped out and disagree and disapprove. Although im inclined to not fully agree with Freud's idea in this particular case, i appreciate his opinion, especially since it caused me to think. Even though i dont think that everything has a sexual content to it, there are definitely certain innuendos(which we all have heard) that are actually NOT meant to be sexual but might be interpreted that way. Perhaps he simply interpreted everything that way. Yes, Freud's ideas were very extreme and...different, but he allows us to view the world in a different perspective. With which of Freud's ideas do you agree or disagree?

1 comment:

  1. My dear fellow sister,
    I appreaciate that you look at Freud in an objective way because I totally agree with you. I also think that many of his ideas were very clever and revolutionized our thinking. I think there is some truth to everything he claimed. I hope we can show our fellow classmates the beauty of Freuds ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.