Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hello my dear fellow classmates,
I must say i truly missed blogging over this break and am very excited to jump right back in and blog!
Anyway, so today in our awesome class we did one of our little personal survey thingies. I must admit that usually i hate those surveys; however, today i actually found it quite interesting because i realized something new about my life. Upon completing the survey that showed whether we trust or mistrust people, i scored the lowest in our class(6 out of 12)making me a very mistrusting person, whereas Sharon scored much higher(i think she was the second most trusting). Additionally, the second part of the survey tried to demonstrate whether we are well adjusted and independent or doubtful and insecure. Again,i got the lowest score(3 out of 12) proving that i must be a doubtful person and insecure about the decisions i make and Sharon yet again got a very high score. Now i do not question whether the surveys were correct or not-lets just assume that they were. Mrs. Perl found it very interesting, of course, that our results varied and after a bit of pondering, so did i. Therefore, i have a few questions that i would like you guys to think about as well
Why is it that Sharon and i have such completely different scores? We basically grew up in teh sam environemnt because we're only 14 months apart so what could have caused this difference? What do you think is our parents role in this?What is our friends' role in this? Do genes have anything to do with it? Anything else you want to comment on?
It might be a little awkward for you guys to comment on this because its about the psychological development of me and my dearest Sharon which is kind of personal but you should give it a try and give your honest opinion. I wont take offense(maybe sharon will.. hahaha)

3 comments:

  1. This is a great question, and I also found the survey results very interesting! Parents have their own parenting styles, but I do believe that their style may change a little for each child. Although born from the same parents, each child is unique. I think that parents probably "tweek their system" for each child in order to cater to the needs and personality of that child. So, maybe that is what happened with your parents! I know in Memphis, you and Sharon have a lot of the same friends, but I'm assuming in Swtizerland and Montreal you had different groups of friends. This could've contributed to the extent to which you and Sharon are different. Isn't it so interesting how different siblings can be?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it might have something to do with your temperaments. You and Sharon have very different ones. You are both great people but in different ways, and so the way people react to the two of you will differ. Your friends can be different, and the way your parents respond to you, discipline you, etc will differ. Now that you are older you may be feeling the effects of having your parents and peers responding to your temperaments. But i am no psychologist or anything, so dont take my word for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with both Zahava's and Alexa's answer. We had many different experiences, but we also have different temperaments. Even though we are siblings, we have very different genes and that I am kind of a tomboy and you are a girlygirl already shows how different we were from the start. I think Maria (our nany) did not treat us very differently, but I think in this case it has to do with our inborn genes. It also matters how we both look at life and how we define things since while you might have taken this test you could have been thinking of things that I did not even think about and we could have defined the questions differently. ( I know we must assume that the test was correct, but I just had to say that)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.