In 1898 Norman Triplett observed a bike race. He saw that the bikers who where trying to beat another biker appose to the clock, rode faster. He then did an experiment on children going fishing. Some where placed near a partner on the lake others alone. He found that the children with a partner reeled in the fish quicker and caught more. Thus it was the beginning of the understanding of social facilitation.
Thinking about this topic I realized how often this happens. Someone is driving a car, place their mom in the car and suddenly they are a better driver. A teacher can be giving a lesson but the moment a principle is there observing her lessons get so much better. Or if someone is jogging and knows that they have an audience from a car suddenly they will pick up the pace. If someone is working out at the gym and someone they like is watching them, suddenly they can lift heavier weights.
Maybe the next time I need to do something I will get myself an audience so I will do better.
Do you see this happening through our your life? Is this a proof that cheerleaders can help? What are your thoughts?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.