Hello my dear fellow classmates (and of course my dear Mrs. Perl-you will like this one!)
This week we are learning about the details of the brain. I must say it is VERY interesting to see what each part of the brain is responsible even though it is super hard! Anyway, one part of the brain really fascinated me-the cerebellum. The cerebellum is the “wrinkly” part on top of the brain stem and it sticks out a little. The function of the cerebellum is to process input from other areas of the brain, spinal cord and sensory receptors to provide precise timing for coordinated, smooth movements of the skeletal muscular system. Have you ever seen another girl and with complete jealousy just thought: God she moves with such graceful coordination?!?! Or when you see a famous performer, like Usher or Chris Brown, dance in such an elegant manner that it just leaves you breathless?!? I often wondered to myself: Why am I such a klutz who falls, trips, drops things and knocks into what seem to be the sharpest objects? Why does Mrs. Perl throw dry erase markers around the room throughout the entire class? Does it just simply mean that our cerebellum isn’t as developed or stimulated enough practice? This topic simply fascinates me and I would like to know what you think!
I also thought of Mrs. Perl when we learned about this part of the brain. I never actually thought about this, that our coordination skills come from our brains and it really fascinates me too. I feel like it is either that the cerebellum just isn't as developped or that the imput from the other areas of the brain are not as good,or fast. I think it is so interesting since our brain does so much of the work,it is so little, yet it has such great importance!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Sharon completely. It is fascinating how much our brain controls and we don't even take it into consideration as to why we are the way we are. Psychology really makes you think about how much your brain contributes to every little thing you do. When you drop a pencil on the ground, you don't even notice that the brain is helping control what is going on. Without our brains we could never live because it controls the most important functions of our daily lives and even the little tiny things that make us who we are. (even if we are a little bit klutzy)
ReplyDeleteCarmit, you probably don't have a fully developed cerebellum, but that doesn't mean you have some sort of disability or something. Thank G-d, you do not tumble around everywhere or anything like that! Our bodies aren't made perfectly. Hence, there are always going to be things that are stronger/weaker than others. In the end, everything will hopefully balance out.
ReplyDeleteHAHA yes Alexa i completely agree! I know that im definitely not disabled, and neither is Mrs. Perl.I just trip, fall and drop stuff all the time. And although i have constant shame and bruises to remind me of my clumsiness its ok because someone out there will find it endearing! Sometimes when i see a really graceful person i always wonder why that is and now i finally have the answer!
ReplyDelete