Sunday, September 18, 2011

Did someone say something?!

When I read about how sounds are processed in the auditory part of the temporal lobe in the brain, I read that sometimes we hear things that aren't actually real. These are referred to as auditory hallucinations. I found this to be quite weird! There are always times when I think I hear someone calling my name, or I think somebody said something when they really didn't. I think that this means that I have auditory hallucinations A LOT.
So, firstly I would like to know if anybody else has these "hallucinations" all the time too. (calling them hallucinations just makes it seem like I am crazy or something!)
I also think that when we "hear" someone calling our names, it could be that we subconsciously want somebody to be calling our names for some reason, or we just think we hear something because many people are talking at once. When it is a situation that a person is in a big place with a lot of people talking, it is easy to think they are hearing something that isn't real. This doesn't seem so weird. However, if a person is just talking to somebody else and thinks they hear the other person saying something when the other person did not say anything, it could become quite strange! what do you think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.