Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hunger

Today in psychology, we learned about five different steps included in the scientific method. I found the example that Mrs. Perl used to describe the fifth step, operational definitions, to be extremely interesting because in my science class today, we had to come up with an experiment using the scientific method, and my experiment was a lot like the example she gave. I chose to focus on the topic of hunger, which I tested out by measuring how many times my stomach growled during the day depending on whether or not I had a snack in between breakfast and lunch. This is why I found Mrs. Perl's example kind of funny when she explained that we need to define something like hunger by either hearing our stomach's growling or by saying that we feel hungry. I was able to relate the information that I had previously learned in science to what we were being taught in psychology. I just thought this was an interesting comparison between the two classes!

2 comments:

  1. I think this is very nice how you first of all were able to compare what we learned it class to something else, but more imporantly it shows us how much science is really related to psychology. This is another real proof!(Not really, but kind of!) That is very amazing, and maybe you can apply other things that you have learned in psychology to your learning experiment in your science class, or even life!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.